Contact me

CONTACT ME through the Contact page on my website: http://www.gaylereicheltart.com

Tuesday 22 September 2015

My first post on Blogger.

This is my first blot on Blogger, so is a steep learning curve for me.  I do have a blog on my website  http://www.gaylereicheltart.com but want to link it to this account.  So here goes for my first blog.

Post from my website Blog.   HOT OFF MY EASEL - Five new abstract paintings have been added to my Serendipity gallery.  They are all acrylic and offered at a very affordable price.   Check them out on my website by clicking on the link below.

http://www.gaylereicheltart.com/blog/hot-off-my-easel


Beneath the Surface.   I created this painting inspired by Judy Wise challenge on Facebook called #judyschallenge and like the process so much that I decided to do a series of acrylic paintings based upon the idea.

For this challenge, there are no set rules beyond starting with a blank canvas, and using acrylic paints deciding on the time-frame (it doesn't necessarily have to be 30 days - just whatever you choose), then each day add a little then photograph and post the result.   You can spend 30 seconds or half an hour each day, or whatever amount of time you choose each day.   Just make sure you add some and then photograph and post the result.


 I only got as far as Day 6 for my first effort, and at that stage decided that I just could not go any further as I really liked the painting as it was then.   So I stopped but there is a possibility that at some stage I might add more to it.   

Below are the daily steps that I took to make my first painting using this process.
This is the finished painting.


Below are the daily steps that I took to complete this painting.,

Day 1.  Because I like texture, I started my blank canvas by randomly applying modelling paste, then went for a walk whilst this dried. I decided that today I would use blues, greens and white acrylic paint. I began by applying colours with a brayer in random directions then splashed or dribbled colour.



Day 2.  I started today by taking a line for a walk in black. Didn't like the result much so next I mixed a nice orange and poured it on. Then the same with red. I let it drip down a little on the canvas. The red and orange bring it to life I think. I wonder what I will do tomorrow.





Day 3.  Added some pale yellow today. Not liking it much yet, but decided that was it for this day.   I will think about it during the rest of the day and see what tomorrow brings.



The first three stages uploaded were taken with my mobile phone, because my computer was at the computer doctor for repairs.  My usual way for recording stages of my artwork is to take the photo with my camera, and process using Photoshop.  Thankfully I now have my computer back and my next images will be of better quality using my normal process.

Day 4 ‪ Still not sure that I like today's effort, but it is all part of the process - the good, the bad and the ugly. lol. What will tomorrow bring.

Day 5 .‬ Added some red and white using the brayer in random strokes, then some blue and white, also with the brayer. I like today's effort. I am almost tempted to leave it as is. Will decide tomorrow if I press on or not.



Day 6.  Felt very reluctant to make any changes today, as I really like Day 5, but decided that I must push on. Having made the decision, I chose a dark blue and using 2 stencils and very thick paint, made a very subtle change.    I am liking the painting very much now.  


Now I really like this painting, and have decided that I don't want to continue adding paint to it as I am scared that I might ruin something that I like.   So am chickening out at this stage, but there is a possibility that at some time in the future I might decide to add more to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment